NOTE: The outcome of permanent makeup is very individual. The better condition of a person’s skin is in, the better the final result will be. Working with dry or sun-damaged skin and lips is more difficult and the final result may vary. Clients with mature skin may need an additional one to two weeks of healing for the final results to appear.
Taking care of your skin is an everyday job. Make sure to apply good quality moisturiser and protect your skin from UV rays throughout the year. This will help to prepare your skin for the best permanent makeup outcome.
After you have had a permanent makeup procedure the aftercare part is crucial to maximizing the best possible results. After the first session, some unevenness of colour is to be expected and you should not be too alarmed about it. Different skin types respond to permanent makeup differently and it is absolutely normal to have a touch-up visit after the first session. Below we have put together common directions to follow after you have just had a permanent makeup procedure on your eyebrows, eyes or lips. Please read them carefully and in case of any concerns, our beauticians look forward to your questions.
- No exercise or sweating of any kind for the first 14 days. Sweating will increase pigment loss and will be harmful to your healed results.
- Wash your hands before touching any treated area. Cotton-tipped applicators may be used to gently cleanse the eye area. Do not expose the area to dirty or unsanitary conditions.
- The area will peel and flake between day 2-6. Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the treated area or your colour may heal unevenly and you risk scarring and infection.
- No makeup is to be applied for 72 hours after the procedure. After any eyeliner procedure, use new mascara. Do not use an eyelash curler for two weeks.
- Do not expose your healing skin to direct sun, tanning beds, hot tubs, saunas, saltwater, chlorinated pools, direct shower spray, hot water, skin creams, ointments, or lotions other than what you have been instructed to use for 2 weeks following your procedure.
- After a lip procedure, keep your lips moist at all times. Avoid spicy foods or heat. If using herpes medication, continue as prescribed. Do not use teeth whitening products until fully healed.
- During the first 3 days after the treatment, do not use any type of personal creams, you can use only those recommended by your permanent makeup artist.
- We suggest you not consume any type of hormonal medicine during the first month after the treatment, it might affect the healing process.
- In case of swelling or skin irritation for more than three days after the treatment, please contact your permanent makeup artist.
For a more detailed aftercare schedule according to the treated area, please read the below recommendations carefully and always follow the direct instructions provided to you by your permanent makeup artist.
Right after the treatment: Gently wipe your eyebrows with a damp cotton pad or paper towel every 20-30 minutes for the following 4 hours.
Day 1: Before bed, wash your eyebrows with mild/antibacterial soap, pat dry. Sleep on your back if possible to avoid any extra irritation to the area.
Day 2 – 3: Short showers (steam can reopen the wound and slow down the healing process). Wash your face with mild soap (nothing that contains active ingredients). If provided by your permanent makeup artist, apply the ointment as instructed.
Academy-S Cream: Dry Heal
Instructions: Apply in the morning and the evening on dry and cleaned eyebrows.
Right after the treatment: Gently wipe the treated area with a damp cotton swab every 20-30 minutes for the following 4 hours.
Day 1: Short showers (steam can reopen the wound and slow down the healing process). Wash your face with mild soap (nothing that contains active ingredients). Apply a thin layer of Academy-S Dry Heal cream in the morning and before going to bed (avoid contact with eyes).
Day 2-3: Avoid touching the area. A thin scab should start coming off after the 3rd day. Do not pick, peel or scratch the treated area.
Right after the treatment: Gently wipe the treated area with a damp cotton pad every 20-30 minutes for the following 4 hours.
Day 1: Avoid touching the treated area. Let the lips dehydrate. If provided by your artist, apply the ointment as instructed.
Academy-S Cream: Anti Scars
Instructions: Apply in the morning and the evening.
Day 2-7: In the morning and before going to bed or as necessary, apply a thin layer of Academy-S Extreme Protect cream 2 times a day for the following 5 days.